National Teach Children to Save Day
National Teach Children to Save Day:
National Teach Children to Save Day is observed each year in April to bring adequate awareness regarding saving money amongst the youth. National Teach Children to Save Day changes annually and was celebrated on April 22 in the year 2021.
|2022||22nd April||Friday||United States|
|2023||22nd April||Saturday||United States|
|2024||22nd April||Sunday||United States|
Why National Teach Children to Save Day?
Learning to save money at a tender age develops a habit of managing the ends efficiently. It can create the path of living a secure life in the aging years. Saving has become a primary necessity in the world that is growing and changing with every moment. In such an era, it becomes difficult to manage the monetary sources in the time of extreme need. And that is why the approach of saving starting from a penny to increasing it within time is really significant. Saving is a pertinent phenomenon in order to live a life of abundance. And that is why; bankers across the country motivate and teach children to save.
Children tend to pick up things, learn new perspectives quickly. If they are taught to save from an early stage, they can benefit themselves at a larger level. They can understand better techniques to spend money from an early age which would ultimately aid them in future situations like any emergencies, health-related problems, loan payments, and other such unexpected circumstances. This day acquaints children to value money and knowledge to spend or use it at an optimal level.
National Teach Children to Save Day has a magnificent advancement by a trivial effort. It helps parents understand that it’s never too late to make children indulge in this pertinent financial literacy.
This day also involves knowledge regarding donating, investing, and its relevance to children’s life. Therefore, financial literacy is a keen aspect about which kids should be aware and shall become a medium to make them better for the future, which is why this day is celebrated and is considered to be an important factor and foundation of a country’s future.
How Can We Observe National Teach Children to Save Day:
As the day is about learning a fundamental mechanism by children, there have to be techniques that can be grasped and understood by them in a fun and simplest way. Therefore, bankers across the country on this day make their way to the schools with the purpose of interacting with kids, their parents as well as the school authorities. They are provided with tools and materials to get connected with children to make them understand the importance of saving. Some of these activities can be elaborated under the following categories:
- Creating a Fun Skit About Saving Money: In order to engage children in the learning process of saving money, the bankers create a fun short play or a skit involving a story about saving money and about how it is important. In addition, they can dress in colorful attires, create an environment suitable to the topic, and teach children in a way they can relate to and understand the objective easily.
- Play Games About Saving Money: The team of bankers organizes various games about saving money and makes the children participate so that they can understand how the process is to be carried out and how it is to be maintained.
- Persuade Parents to open a savings account: Bankers on this day interact with parents and convince them to take a step towards opening a savings account for their children with a purpose to get children to know about saving money in a much more technical manner.
- Teach Them Value of Money: #NationalTeachChildrentoSaveDay involves a structural behavior that is to be taught in children in a way that stays with them forever. This behavior starts with baby steps. In everyday life, parents should regulate their ways of dealing with things to direct them towards the habit of saving.
Interesting Facts About National Teach Children to Save Day:
- It sets a routine for children that involves saving money daily.
- Increases encouragement in children about saving
- On this day, bankers visit educational institutions to connect children and their parents about the phenomenon.
History of National Teach Children to Save Day:
The program has had its history since 1997 and is observed in the month of April; its date changes annually. It is sponsored and supported by American Bankers Association and helps the country’s youth develop financial strength.