National Waterpark Day
National Waterpark Day
Every year on 28th July is celebrated as National Dance Day in the United States. A special day for water ride lovers to go ahead a trip to boost up their fun!
|2021||28th July||Wednesday||United States|
|2022||28th July||Thursday||United States|
|2023||28th July||Friday||United States|
Why National Waterpark Day?
The best way to spend your summer is to celebrate this National Waterpark Day. We can find so many waterparks, even small waterparks offer plenty of rides. With the thrilling spill-splash water rides, this day will bring you more fun and laughter. Cooldown this summer by spending this day with your friends and family to create fun memories with them.
How to celebrate National Waterpark Day:
Kalahari resort and convention found this day to celebrate waterpark, especially during summer. It is opened in Wisconsin in July 2000. This leads to open other waterparks like Sandusky in 2005 and the Pocono Mountains in 2015. Later in 2017, Kalahari resort opened its second phase in Pocono Mountain and becomes the largest indoor waterpark in Sandusky.
Some of the rides you should try:
- Uphill Water Coaster: The reason for calling it a water coaster because it combines both water slide and roller coaster. This allows the passenger to go to the top and slide with the water and splash in the water pool.
- Launch chamber Slide: This has been becoming popular these days. This ride allows passengers to glide in the vertical position and open the door at the bottom to release them. It becomes more thrilling when they slide at the utmost speed and splash at the water.
- Bowl rides fall under different categories with its top open or closed. The closed bowl rides sometimes have the music, lighting with a single person, or multi-person rafts.
- Funnel Rides: Funnel rides as its names says it sends the passenger to a funnel with basic water. The pressure makes them go up and down inside the walls of funnel. Then the water rush sends them to splash in the water pool.
- Mat Race slide: Mats are provided to the passengers and make them lie in a position. On a signal, every passenger should start sliding. The weight of the passenger is more important than skills.
- Speed slide: This is the most adventurous and thrilling rides of all because it is tall, fast and high speed. The passengers lay down vertically and drop at the most speed. When the slide is taller, the speed will be at its maximum.
- Family Raft-ride: This ride provides a large raft that can fit the number of passengers like four or five people in a family and it suits for all ages.The twisting turns and surprise drops of this ride ends up with a joy for your entire family.
Safety advises to follow in waterparks:
- Don’t let your kids go out of your sight. Even if they are good swimmers, make sure they swim closer to you so they can avoid potential dangers from happening.
- Use Sunscreen and lip balm often. Because of the sun, your skin can be harmed or burned especially at the noontime so it is best to take the sunscreen and lip balm with you if you decided to go to an outdoor waterpark.
- Give life vests or floaties if you are swimming with new swimmers. There is a high chance of them going independent even while you are watching. It will be a great help for them with the vests.
- Drink water to stay hydrated and avoid sugary drinks because it makes you dehydrated. Drinking water is the best way to beat the heat.
- Make sure to follow the rules in the waterpark. The rules followed at waterparks is to avoid misfortune incidents. Rules like no running or eating in a pool may look simple. But follow every instructions to ensure our safety
- Take an extra pair of dry clothes. After spending the fun day in water pools, change your clothes to keep you warm so that you can avoid being sick or catching cold.
We can use also share the #NationalWaterparkDay to post it on social media and others know about this day.
Interesting Facts about National Waterpark Day:
- Kalahari Resorts is the biggest indoor park which is 125,000 square feet located in Wisconsin. It contains a unique natural light effect to give people suntan on any day of the year.
- There are other parks in Wisconsin like Noah’s Ark Water Park, Wilderness Resort which has both indoor and outdoor waterpark.
- First Indoor waterpark was build in World Waterpark in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada in 1985.
- Japanese does not allow people with those who have tattoos in waterparks because the ink symbolizes Japanese organized crimes.
- Disney World has an abandoned waterpark. The river has been infected by bacteria and other problems. Instead of reusing, they decided to cover it up. Now it grows up with wildlife.
History of National Waterpark Day:
From our exploration, National Waterpark Day was founded by Kalahari Resorts and Conventions in July 2000.