World Emoji Day:
Every year 17th of July world emoji day is widely celebrated in the United States.
|2023||17th July||Saturday||United States|
|2024||17th July||Monday||United States|
|2025||17th July||Tuesday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on July 17th:
Why World Emoji Day?
Sending a text without using emojis seems very boring and dull to the people you are texting. Today, texting becomes a part of our daily life and people are sending a lot of texts to their friends and close ones by using the perfect emojis. The main purpose behind celebrating world emoji day is to let the audiences spread all the latest emojis. They can use them in their conversation to make it interesting. By celebrating world emoji day people can come closer to their friends and other close ones frequently. Initially, people encourage other people to use more and more emojis in their conversations by celebrating world emoji Day. To promote the usage of emojis in the conversation frequently, every year Unicode Consortium publishes and approves a long list of emojis for people. Emojis not just become a method of communication but plays a vital role for those people who are unable to express themselves in front of others.
How can we observe World Emoji Day:
Emojis are a small digital icon that helps all audiences who love to use social media platforms and love to chat with their friends. Every year on the day of 17th July world emoji day is observed by people around the whole world. On the occasion of world emoji day, people are celebrating this particular day in numerous ways. Some people are using their favorite emojis just to have some fun and to enjoy the world emoji day with their close ones. By sending text messages with lots of emojis on the day of 17th July every year, each one of us celebrates world emoji day in a unique style. You can also join in this world celebration by using the #worldemojiday and can become a part of this big world quickly.
Interesting facts about World Emoji Day:
Let’s discuss some of the interesting facts about world emoji day quickly.
- According to the emoji tracker, on a recent day most used emoji is Face with tears of joy on social media platforms.
- Today, people can use almost 2666 emojis to express their feeling and emotions while chatting or texting with other people.
- All the emojis become picture emojis for the people to convey their thoughts and emotions naturally through text messages.
- In the beginning, there were only a few emojis for mobile phones but with time, the number of emojis grown-ups as Google, Microsoft, and other platforms make their own emojis.
- According to the blog of the world economic forum last year, more than five million emojis had been used through social media platforms. Of course, it is a huge number and people are taking every now and then of the emojis to make their conversation perfect. In the beginning, people use to use only 95 emojis and by the end of 2020, the number increased from 95 to 3135. However, the maximum number of people used the image that comes with the emotion of both crying and laughter. And it becomes the favorite emoji on the social media platforms like Facebook, WhatsApp, Messenger, and many others.
History of World Emoji Day:
On the day of 17th July 2014, Jeremy Burge created world emoji day. Jeremy Burge declared 17th July as the world emoji day. And according to the New York Times, on this particular day, people try to take the help of different types of emojis to communicate with other people and to make their conversation interesting. Frequently, several products had been introduced in previous years and every year new emojis have been launched to help people to make an interesting conversation with their friends and other people, on social media platforms.
World emoji day is an unofficial Celebration day, and it simply shows how important it is to use a particular emoji in a text message. In the year 1999, the first emoji was created by engineer Shigetaka Kurita, Who was associated with a Japanese mobile Operating company. At the time he only introduced 176 emojis for mobile phones. However, in the year 2010, Unicode approved the emojis. And in a later time in 2014 Google, Microsoft, Facebook, and Twitter make their own sets of emojis to entertain their audiences. Finally, the founder of emojiPedia.