National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
National Peanut Butter Cookie Day:
Celebrating the goodness of peanut butter in cookies, the celebration of the National Peanut Butter Cookie Day is made on the 12th of June every year.
|2023||12th June||Monday||United States|
|2024||12th June||Wednesday||United States|
|2025||12th June||Thursday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on June 12th:
Why National Peanut Butter Cookie Day?
Whether you love cookies or you love peanut butter, it doesn’t matter as this recipe for peanut butter cookies offers you the goodness and creaminess of both. Ever since the invention of the cookie, there have been different flavors introduced to suit the palate of different sets of people. The peanut butter however is known for the perfect balance between salt and sweet flavors with the right amount of nuttiness and crunch in the mix. The creamy goodness of butter with the nutty flavor of peanuts bring the right flavor to indulge in.
It is not just the flavor that makes these the best snack to indulge but it is also highly nutritious thanks to the peanut butter. You have to make sure that the peanut butter you are using is not too processed with too much trans fats before using it to bake these. Apart from all other facts, the most important part is that these cookies will take you back to your childhood days and that is why we need to celebrate the National Peanut Butter Cookie Day.
How can we celebrate National Peanut Butter Cookie Day?
Wondering how to spruce up the holiday, which is also the only holiday for cookies in June. Then here are some tips to help you make the most out of your celebration.
- There are multiple recipes for making peanut butter cookies. There are some which involve a healthier version while some which indulge purely in sugar and butter. Just look for the recipe that will please your taste buds and make the batch by yourself. Once made, you can share them with friends and family to get their opinion on your baking.
- If you are not into baking, then this could be the day to learn how to do them. You can learn to bake and make these cookies as your first step in making the rich creamy goodness.
- And if you are looking for alternatives, you can buy your favorite brand of peanut butter cookies or simply have your favorite cookies with peanut butter between them if you like.
- You can have a cook-off with your friends and even organize one between kids to make the best version of a peanut butter cookie. This would stir up enough excitement and there will be interesting moments to capture all through the day.
Do share your pictures, views, recipes, etc., on your social media including #NationalPeanutButterCookieDay on the post to garner views and create awareness about the day and the cookies.
Interesting facts about National Peanut Butter Cookie Day:
Let us get to know some interesting and lesser-known facts about peanut butter, cookies, and the combination it brings along on this day.
- Peanut butter is used by astronauts between tortillas when they are in space. This is because the bread crumbs are not made for the zero-gravity dimension while tortillas make the perfect replacement.
- Also known as the Tagalongs, these cookies are counted among the top three best-selling cookies under the Girl Scout cookies list.
- America as a country spends as much as $800 million on peanut butter according to statistics.
- Nearly 75% of the households in America have peanut butter as a staple item in their pantry. It is also the most loved product by many stars including Madonna.
- Peanut butter can lower the risks associated with cancer, heart diseases, and even premature death.
- The Animal Cracker was the first cookie to be introduced commercially in the country in 1902.
- More than 2 billion cookies are consumed by Americans in a year which is nearly 300 cookies for every person in the country.
- Chocolate chip is the favorite cookie and it is baked in nearly 50% of the homes in the country.
History of National Peanut Butter Cookie Day:
We currently, do not have information on how the day came into existence, or on the person who initiated it. The history of peanut butter however, dates back to 1916, when it was mentioned for the first time in a book by George Washington Carver. The product was not commercialized until the 1920s and has been a hit since then.