National Rotisserie Chicken Day:
Celebrating the slow-cooked Rotisserie chicken, National Rotisserie Chicken Day is celebrated every year on the 2nd of June.
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on June 2nd:
Why National Rotisserie Chicken Day?
There is hardly a meat lover in the world who doesn’t like chicken, especially the one made in the Rotisserie method. Unlike the regular chicken dishes, this involves cooking the chicken slowly as it absorbs all the flavors into it. It is also a healthier option compared to other dishes made with chicken. It is often suggested to those who are following a program for weight loss as it is low in carbs but rich in protein.
Experimentation with chicken may not be an option for everyone and that is where the rotisserie chicken comes in handy. You can experiment with the rotisserie chicken, easily available in any supermarket, with flavors of your choice on this day. The Rotisserie chicken is not just easily available but it is super delicious, healthy, and affordable too. With so many qualities about this dish, it is required to celebrate it and that is why we have a day in June for it.
How can we celebrate National Rotisserie Chicken Day?
If you love chicken, then you would be familiar with the variety of chicken dishes from around the world. And you would agree that the Rotisserie is the best way to bring out the flavors in a chicken. On this special day, you can take up any of the below activities to truly make it a memorable occasion.
- The best part about Rotisserie chicken is that you can buy it anywhere including Costco and Walmart. Let this be the day when you treat yourself and your family to a meal of Rotisserie chicken. Get it from the nearest supermarket and have a feast. You can also treat your coworkers as it is a rather inexpensive option to treat with and yet tasty.
- You can try different flavor combinations by buying a home rotisserie and you can have your friends and relatives for a meal to taste these combinations. You can also let them vote for the best flavor. You can also invite your family and friends to bring in their experimentation with flavors. You can have a cook-off if you like as well.
- You can share your recipes in cooking Rotisserie chicken with a #NationalRotisserieChickenDay on your social media. You can bring attention to the chicken as well as the day with this effort.
Interesting facts about National Rotisserie Chicken Day:
Chicken dishes are available in plenty and there are different flavors to try in the rotisserie chicken alone. If you want to try out the different flavors, then you would do well to keep yourself aware of the different facts about Rotisserie Chicken.
- The Rotisserie chicken is often sold as a pre-seasoned dish. This means you don’t have to worry about adding another round of seasoning unless you want to add to the mix.
- Nearly 25 billion chickens are going around the world as we speak. This means that the population of chickens is larger than that of humans.
- While the eggs become larger as the chicken gets older, the quantity does decrease with their age. The younger chickens lay more eggs, even though they might be smaller.
- Chickens also feel stressed out and they lose feathers when they are stressing out.
- The Rotisserie chicken is the easiest meal option when you have less time and you want something delicious to enjoy. It is a complete meal and will please your palate.
- During the lockdown of the Covid 19 pandemic, the production of rotisserie chicken surged up as the dish soon became the favorite among the people.
- Rotisserie chicken is depicted in the artwork dating back to 1300 in the form of paintings. This chicken dish has been in existence for a very long time.
- After the day was established nearly 600 million rotisserie chickens have been sold in the country across supermarkets. The popularity of the dish has also been growing in leaps and bounds since the day was initiated as a celebration of this dish.
History of National Rotisserie Chicken Day:
The day was founded in the year 2015 by the Boston Market Restaurants. The objective of the day was to celebrate the uniquely prepared tender, and tasty chicken using the slow-cooking or the rotisserie method.