National Something on a Stick Day:
Something on a stick day is celebrated every year on March 28th. This day is dedicated to food that can be enjoyed on the stick.
|2023||28th March||Tuesday||United States|
|2024||28th March||Thursday||United States|
|2025||28th March||Friday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on March 28th:
Why National Something on a Stick Day?
Practically, everything apart from a few exceptions like soup and juices can be made on a stick. This day lets you get creative with the food and enjoy the endless possibilities.
Many cultures have been preparing food on the sticks for ages. A few cultures like Asian have practices of eating them with a chopstick as well. But no one thought of serving food on a stick, which makes the idea more appealing and interesting. It was food trucks that made the food on a stick craze go viral with their different menu options. Be it starters or after-party snacks filled with a burst of flavors and condiments.
Most people like food on a stick as it is easy to eat and doesn’t prompt the use of fingers, which makes it less messy and fun. It is a neat and exciting way of eating food. This can be a special joy for children as they love eating treats which are handy and delicious. Don’t we all have nostalgia attached to food items like cotton candy and toffee? Even adults love food that is easy to carry and on-the-go. In general, the idea of food on a stick is considered revolutionary.
Literally, food for every kind of mood can be made on a stick. From sweet to savvy, from cool summer treats to frozen cocktails popsicles to campfire barbecues to grilled food to deep-fried options, everything can be thought on a stick. This not only makes them more accessible but tasty as well. Most people think that food that comes with a stick in it is yummier than the plate’s usual food. If not yummier, then definitely more fun.
From savory dishes like skewers, corn dogs, kebabs, sausages, grilled veggies, cheese cubes, etc., to sweet treats like popsicles, lollipops, candy-coated caramel apples, fudgecicles, cotton candy, cupcake pops, frozen food, etc. The American favorite corn dogs are a popular food item that is enjoyed on a stick. There are endless options for the food you can go crazy and creative with. Maybe you can start a new annual tradition of celebrating National Something on a Stick Day from this year. Everyone can come together and get in a mood of creativity and appreciate the food while having some quality time.
Food lovers still do not have a great number of options on a menu when it comes to food on a stick, despite being admired across all the nations and cultures. National Something on a Stick Day prompts us to invent our own version of food on a stick and enjoy it with friends and family. It lets us get creative with food and have some fun while eating delicious food.
How to Observe National Something on a Stick Day
Here are some fun and exciting ways in which we can celebrate National Something on a Stick Day-
- Make sure everything you eat on this day is on a stick.
- Throw a Something on a Stick Day Party and make sure everyone has clean hands by serving food on the sticks.
- Play games like who can name the most number of food items that be had on a stick.
- Try eating the food with a chopstick for a day.
- Get creative and invent your own version of food on a stick.
- If you are lazy, buy food on a stick that is easily available in the market, like popsicles, corn dogs, lollipops, etc.
- Share the images of yourself enjoying the food on a stick or the food you prepared.
- Use hashtags #nationalsomethingonastickday or #somethingonastickday while posting on social media.
Interesting Facts on National Something on a Stick Day:
Following is the list of some interesting facts about National Something on a Stick Day that you should know-
- Ancient Greeks used to cook their meat using skewers and sticks.
- It is a general thought that everything tastes better on a stick.
- Food on a stick is thought of as one of the world’s greatest inventions.
- Food trucks and street fairs have a huge variety of food on a stick on their menu, which makes food-on-the-go and easy to eat.
- Food becomes easy, informal, and fun once put on a stick.
- Any food item on the planet, even liquid items, can be made on a stick. Think of frozen food.
History of National Something on a Stick Day:
The origin and the history of this day are unknown. The founder of this amazing day also remains unidentified. But it must definitely have been someone who relished eating the food on a stick. This day encourages all the food lovers to get their creative juices flowing and enjoy the wide range of food prepared on a stick without getting the hands dirty.