National Anisette Day:
Celebrated on July 2nd, every year. The day is to Celebrate with Anisette,otherwise called as Anis, a colorless aniseed flavored alcoholic beverages made from distilled spirit along with sweetener.
|2018||2nd July||Monday||United States|
|2019||2nd July||Tuesday||United States|
|2020||2nd July||Thursday||United States|
Why Anisette Day?
How we can Celebrate National Anisette Day:
Celebrate this day with a drink.use this hashtag #anisetteday to post the pictures taken during the celebration. you can make cookies.
Interesting Facts About Anisette Day:
- Anisette is a popular liqueur in Mediterranean countries like Portugal, Greece, Italy, Turkey etc. The liqueur is made by long fermentation process and it is a most common drink during the Easter and Christmas times.
- The liqueur is not taken as it is, it is combined with the water which further transformed into milky white in color. In Italy, it is being famously called as palomita and often considered as a drink meant for refreshment.
- Moreover, anisette water is considered to be a spirit water being offered for goddess which is still in practice in some of the countries.
- Aniseed is used as a medicine to cure epileptic, hysterical,rheumatic,septic, congestion and digestion issues. However,the heavy dosage could lead to respiration problems and perhaps it deprives the blood circulation to some extent due to its narcotic effects. Further,it could lead to skin irritation and therefore not recommended during the pregnancy.
- Star anise of some of the countries are toxic and highly dangerous if consumed, it can also attributed to some types of cancer.
History of Anisette Day:
we could not trace the origin of the day within our study.