National Dog Biscuit Day:
Commemorating the reward that dogs love to have any day, the National Dog Biscuit Day is celebrated on the 23rd of February every year.
|2022||23rd February||Tuesday||United States|
|2023||23rd February||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||23rd February||Thursday||United States|
Why National Dog Biscuit Day?
Available in different flavors, sizes, and shapes, the dog biscuits are a delight for the man’s loyal friend, the dogs. It is not just an interesting dish for dogs to munch upon but it is also a way for the pet owners to show their love for the little dogs. Dog biscuits are also used as a way to serve the required nutrients and medicines to the dogs as it makes them easy and delectable to eat. This is why we celebrate National Dog Biscuit Day which is a commemoration of the dog biscuits and how they benefit the dogs in keeping them healthy. It keeps the pets happy and therefore the owners happy as well.
How to celebrate National Dog Biscuit Day?
When it comes to dog biscuits, you would be surprised to know that these come in different flavors more pleasing to the palate of a dog and in a variety of shapes and sizes as well. The fact that these biscuits can be used to disguise medicines and other nutrients required for the dogs, is truly beneficial to the pets and the pet owners.
On the National Dog Biscuit Day, here we bring certain ways to make the day more special to you and your loved pets.
- Treat your canine with their favorite dog biscuit on this day.
- You can take your pets out for a walk to let them burn off the calories and then treat them with their favorite dog treats.
- Explore the different flavors of dog biscuits available and help your canine companion find the one that they love.
- If you love to bake, then you can try making the dog biscuits at home on the National Dog Biscuit Day.
- You can spread the word about Dog Biscuits on your social media and online forums using the hashtag #NationalDogBiscuitDay.
- Take pictures with your pet and post them on social media mentioning their favorite dog biscuit on the post.
Interesting facts about National Dog Biscuit Day:
Dog biscuits are also produced in the same manner as biscuits for human consumption. Dog biscuits are basically dry and hard products with fat, fiber, and carbs. On the National Dog Biscuit Day, we bring to you some interesting facts about dog biscuits here.
- It was in 2011 when the biggest of the dog biscuits in the world was made in the USA. This biscuit weighed 279kg and measured width of 115cm and a length of 579cm.
- The dog biscuits initially referred to the army mattresses in military slang, in the early 1900s.
- An electrical and lighting rod salesman James Pratt invented the dog biscuits in the year 1860. He was struck with this idea when he saw roadside dogs chewing on hardtack.
- Similar to dog biscuits, there are also dog chocolates that provide the much-needed carbs for the dogs in a delicious manner. While you can treat your dog with dog biscuits and chocolates, you need to make sure that you keep a balanced diet.
- Dog biscuits are loaded with proteins, vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, and other nutrients and are a delicious way to impart nutrition to your little canines.
- There are many different flavors of dog biscuits available. The most traditional flavors include bacon, cheese, liver, turkey, lamb, chicken, and beef. There are also flavors like peanut butter, oatmeal, spinach, coconut, and raisin that you can choose from.
History of National Dog Biscuit Day:
There is no information about when and how the National Dog Biscuit Day came into being. The day is not just National Dog Biscuit Day but it is also celebrated as the International Dog Biscuit Appreciation Day. However, the dog biscuits itself have a history dating back to the 1800s with references in Oxford Dictionary and the actual dog biscuit was invented in 1860 by James Spratt. You can make use of this day to celebrate this day by treating your little friends with their favorite biscuits.