National Ice Cream Soda Day:
Celebrated on June 20th every year. The day is celebrated on behalf of the accidental invention, Ice cream soda, a creamy, frothy, delicious drink
|2018||20th June||Wednesday||United States|
|2019||20th June||Thursday||United States|
|2020||20th June||Saturday||United States|
Why Ice Cream Soda Day?
The National ice cream soda day is celebrated on behalf of the accidental invention, Ice cream soda, a creamy, frothy, delicious drink. Due to it’s combination, the carbonated drink is enjoyed by all parts of the world right from the year 1874. The day is to remember the invention of ice cream soda since almost all Americans love it. The preparation is very simple. A scoop and a half cup of any carbonated beverage are enough to make this delicious drink.
How we can Celebrate National Ice Cream Soda Day:
Use this hashtag #icecreamsodaday to convey your wishes to others.post your flavor of ice Cream soda and if possible post any preparation methods.
My New Recipe:
Mock tail ice cream soda:
Step 1: Take a full cup of milk. If you want you can add a teaspoon of sugar to make it sweet.
Step 2: Add any flavored syrup and any carbonated beverages or soda water.
I add a quarter cup of coke and quarter cup of sprite and a peg of lime juice. Stir it well until it gets frothy.
Step 3: Take a bowl, add a little amount of Vanilla, pineapple, mango, almond, Butter pecan, Bacon caramel, raspberry, blueberry, and strawberry flavored ice creams and mix it well. Refrigerate it for 1 hour and the new flavor of ice cream is ready. Just pour a tablespoon of melted chocolate ice cream in the top just to make it colorful.
Step 4: Top two scoops of mixed ice cream in the glass contained soda and milk.
Step 5: Top it with the Whipped Cream. The fluffy and light fresh cream adds taste to the drink.
Step 6: serve it with a straw.
Slurp it and enjoy this day with the mock tail ice cream soda.
Interesting Facts About Ice Cream Soda Day:
- Ice cream soda has another name “ice cream float”. Both names are popular in United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, Canada, and eastern part of Asia. The drink is called as coke float in South East Asia and as the spider in New Zealand and Australia.
- Rather, in Mexico it is called as “Helado flotante” and it is called as Vaca Negra means black cow and black out in El Salvador, Costa Rica, Columbia, Guatemala, Honduras and Puerto Rico respectively.
- Ice cream soda invention will be of surprise. The delicious drink was claimed by more than one. It was claimed to be invented by Robert McCay Green in the year 1874.At of celebration of Franklin Institute’s semi-centennial ceremony, while selling the flavored drinks, he ran out of ice bars and he bought vanilla ice cream from the nearby vendor and mixed it with the flavored drinks. Since the taste was amazing, the same combination was into practice. Thus ice cream soda has become an accidental invention. Later, ice cream is mixed with a soft drink or with variety of syrups and Carbonated Water. According to green’s will, he noted that, in his graveyard, should be carved with “Originator of Ice Cream Soda”
- Another speculation also exists. Philip Mohr, New Jersey claimed that she would mix soda with ice cream in the year 1862 itself. Another claimant is one of the employees of Green, George Guy, he claimed that he absent-mindedly mixed and thus paved the invention.
- Countless varieties of ice cream soda are prepared. The famous ones are Chocolate ice cream soda, Root beer float, Cola float, Butter beer, Boston Cooler, Purple Cow, Snow White, Vaca Preta, Sherbet Cooler, Vaca Dourada, Orange Float, beer float, Melon Cream soda ,Nectar soda etc.
History of Ice Cream Soda Day:
The origin of this day is uncertain.