National Iced Tea Day:
When summers are around the corner we look for some great thirst quenchers like iced tea. To celebrate the love for this beverage every year National Iced Tea Day is celebrated on the 10th June.
|2023||10th June||Saturday||United States|
|2024||10th June||Monday||United States|
|2025||10th June||Tuesday||United States|
Why National Iced Tea Day?
You can add some flavors like lemon or some sugar to enhance the taste of your Iced Tea. Due to its wonderful taste, it is becoming one of the favorite drinks of most people. Also, it is good for health as it detoxifies the body and removes all the free radicals.
It has other medicinal values also like it eliminates heart diseases, cancers and tumors, stomach ailments, sore throats and colds. So overall it is a great drink which not only tastes good but also removes all kinds of health issues.
Furthermore, this is not only a drink of this era, it has been used by the people for a long time. However, there’s a short history behind the celebration of this day which we shall discuss in this article.
Enough of introduction! We are excited to reveal a lot of interesting facts about this day. Without any delay let us dive into the next section.
You might be thinking that why do we celebrate National Iced Tea Day? We were also curious to know the reason and after hours of research we found out that it is just a way to celebrate the love for iced tea which is one of the favorite summer beverages.
National Iced Tea Day is celebrated every year on a special day after being introduced in the year 1904 at the World’s Fair in St. Louis. However, its recipes were discovered around the 1870s. So to keep the spirit alive millions of people enjoy this day every year in different ways.
In the next section, we are gonna discuss all the ways that you can follow to make your National Iced Tea Day a memorable one.
How can we observe National Iced Tea Day?
Whether you are an iced tea lover or you are going to try it for the first time, we have some amazing ways of enjoying this day. We have compiled all of them in this section. So, let’s have a look!
- Arrange a get-together during summer at your place and make some iced tea for everyone. Enjoy the sip of ice while having fun with your close ones.
- Visit a beach during the summertime and enjoy a soothing sunset with an iced tea in your hand. Do not forget to post a selfie with #National Iced Tea Day.
- If you like to stay indoors and want to avoid any kind of hassle, you can add iced tea to your lunch menu and have fun in your comfort zone.
- You also go for a movie night and have some nice iced tea instead of those unhealthy carbonated drinks.
- Last but not the least, is to brew a new iced tea recipe which serves as a treat to your taste buds. You can enjoy plain iced tea or you can also add some lemon to bring a twist to the flavor.
Interesting facts about National Iced Tea Day:
Apart from the ways to celebrate this special day, we have a lot of interesting facts in store. Are you ready to take a look? Let’s go!
- Iced tea became popular after the World’s Fair in St. Louis by Richard Blechynden. In an attempt to improve his poor hot tea sales, he poured some ice which became a savior of so many people.
- In the 1920s, when alcohol was banned in America, iced tea got its special place in the market and it became much more popular.
- Arizona has kept its price fixed for the last 20 years. Since 1998, those 23 ounce cans have been sold at 99 cents.
- Lipton serves the maximum number of people every year. If there’s any world record of iced tea sales then Lipton is surely gonna get the top slot for this.
- Lastly, if you are thinking of making your own iced tea then use cold water instead of warm water as cold water has more oxygen which enhances the tea’s flavor to a better extent.
History of National Iced Tea Day
If it’s a day of national importance, it must have some background information which we should be aware of. Here we are going to discuss the origin of this day.
So as we have already stated, this day was founded by Richard Blechynden in the year 1904 at World’s Fair. He was a hot tea seller but people didn’t want anything hot. Instead, they wanted a soothing drink which could satisfy their thirst. As a result, Richard added some ice into the tea to make it cold.
This was unique and liked by a lot of people. This was also the first known use of iced tea after which this became extremely popular all over the world.