National Macaroni Day
National Macaroni Day:
Celebrated on July 7th every year. The day is purely meant to celebrate the delicious food, Macaroni.
|2018||7th July||Saturday||United States|
|2019||7th July||Sunday||United States|
|2020||7th July||Tuesday||United States|
Why Macaroni Day?
The day is purely meant to celebrate the delicious food, Macaroni. From Thomas Jefferson, the former president of our country to all us, macaroni is one of the favorites. We all would have come across famous saying, “You are the cheese to my Macaroni”. Perhaps, normally people use this famous saying to placate our better half, girlfriend during the despicable situations. This single sentence could explain the combination of cheese and Macaroni. The combination gives us a magnificent dish if taken along with a sauce.
Reported to be an Italian dish, Macaroni consisted of wheat flour and become a common household product. The typical elbow shaped curved structure is admired by many of the kids and becomes a prominent food especially for kids and toddler.
How we can Celebrate National Macaroni Day:
Enjoy this day with a Macaroni feast along with families and friends.
Use this hashtag #MacaroniDay to post your recipe.
Step 1: Take 2 cups of water and boil it in a pan. Add required amount of salt
Step 2: Add a cup of Macaroni and make it to boil for 10 minutes or until it is cooked soft.
Step 3: Drain it and keep it aside.
Step 4: Take a large bowl; mix half cup of mayonnaise and four tablespoons of distilled vinegar. stir it well. Add few teaspoons of sugar and sprinkle with pepper powder. Again stir it well.
Step 5: Add one cup of chopped onion and vegetables. Vegetables are optional. You can also try with raw fruits. That’s it.
Enjoy the day with delicious Macaroni salad.
Macaroni cheese preparation method, step by step.
Step 1: Cut bread into small chunks and bake it in an oven until it becomes crispy. Sprinkle two teaspoons of melted butter and keep it aside.
Step 2: Take 2 cups of water and boil it in a pan. Add required amount of salt
Step 3: Add a cup of Macaroni and make it to boil for 10 minutes or until it is cooked soft.
Step 4: Drain it and keep it aside.
Step 5: Take a pan and add two teaspoons of butter and plain flour, 2 cloves of finely chopped garlic, mustard and fry it. Pour a cup of milk and stir it well until it becomes thick and Creamy. Add finely chopped vegetables. Add half cup of cheese and stir it well. Don’t overcook the cheese.
Step 6: Add the Macaroni mixture and blend it with the Creamy cheese and milk combination. Spread the bread crumbs and bake it until it becomes golden color. Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Slurp and enjoy this day with Macaroni feast.
Interesting Facts About Macaroni Day:
- Macaroni is reported to be originated from Italy. It is made up of durum wheat. Moreover, it is just a form of pasta, a particular curved or elbow curved shape of pasta is referred as Macaroni. it is generally made up of wheat flour and water. Edible oil and eggs are optional ingredients. After being blended as dough, it is made into a hollow curved and cylindrical shaped Macaroni.
- Every 100 grams of Macaroni consisted of 81.4 percent of carbohydrate, 14.2 percent of protein, and the rest is the fat.
- The combination of Macaroni and cheese is one of the greatest admired dishes of the Americans. Perhaps, it is acquaint with the kids and toddlers. Noodles and pasta are consumed by the Americans in large proportion.
- Macaroni is one of the staple foods since it is gluten-free, enriched in organic solids, and moreover easy to cook. Due to it, it has become a daily routine food.
- Preserved ready-made Macaroni is also available in grocery shops but reported to be consisted of high proportion of sodium eventually resulting in diabetes, obesity.due to health concerns, the consumption is largely abortive in the United States.
History of Macaroni Day:
The origin of this day is uncertain.