National Totally Chipotle Day:
Every year on 5th May, National Totally Chipotle Day is celebrated with Cinco de Mayo. The smoked dried jalapeno pepper is a chipotle. Jalapenos are of different varieties as they differ in size and chilliness.
|2022||5th May||Thursday||United States|
|2023||5th May||Friday||United States|
|2024||5th May||Saturday||United States|
Why National Totally Chipotle Day?
Chipotle is a cuisine specialty in Mexico. With its increase in demand due to the rich and exotic flavor of the food with the smokiness and heat, it became popular in the North. Earlier chipotles were grown and produced in Mexico; with its increased popularity, they were grown and produced in America as well. Adding just a minimal amount of chipotle to any dish, whether creamy pizza or tomato soup, gives a different taste experience to the dish.
The day is celebrated especially for the lovers of spiciness.
How Can We Celebrate National Totally Chipotle Day:
Anyone can celebrate national Totally Chipotle Day by following the simple and easy observance about the day. Observances are as follows:
- Please make a new dish by adding a minimal amount of chipotle to feel and taste the smoky heat flavor it gives to the dish.
- Try some old, regular dish adding chipotle to see the difference from the regular taste to a different one.
- Host a barbeque in your backyard and ask your friends to make dishes that have a hint of chipotle in them.
- Relax on your couch by ordering a creamy cheese pizza with added chipotle, and watch a documentary.
- Try a flavored cheese by sprinkling some chipotle on top of it.
- Visit a restaurant that offers Mexican cuisine, and avail special discounts on dishes of chipotle.
- Gift a jar of chipotle to a friend who is a lover of spices or a friend who loves to cook.
- Most importantly, do not forget to post pictures on social media of everything you do on this national day with hashtags like #NationalTotallyChipotleDay, #TotallyChipotleDay, #ChipotleLover, #ChipotlePizza, #ChipotleCheese, #ChipotleSoup, and #ChipotleParty.
- You can also collect information about the origin, inventory, various dishes, and everything that’s related to chipotle on the day.
- People celebrate the day in different parts of America by adding a minimal amount of chipotle to their desserts, like pudding and ice cream. You can also try sprinkling a pinch to the ice cream or adding it to the pudding for your barbeque.
- With many Mexican restaurants giving discounts on flavored chipotle dishes, many stores of spices give discounts on the purchase of chipotle. Buy yourself a jar or gift your friend a jar by saving some bucks.
- You can also make potato chips or fries at home by sprinkling a pinch of chipotle to it.
- Or you can order some chipotle flavored fries and chips with a drink.
- You can visit the Chipotle restaurant for dinner or order some food from their application and either pick up the food yourself or get -it delivered. The chipotle flavored burritos are a hit with guacamole and chips from the restaurant. Branches of the restaurant area are in the United States of America, France, Canada, the United Kingdom, and Germany.
Interesting Facts About National Totally Chipotle Day:
Let’s discuss some interesting and fun facts about the day and about the chipotle.
- National Totally Chipotle day is celebrated with Cinco de Mayo, the day when Mexico won the war against the French army.
- Every year on 5th May it is a holiday.
- Chipotle is so famous and popular that whenever someone says Chipotle, people around first get the picture of the restaurant, and later on the spice.
- Chipotle spice was produced, grown, and was the specialty of Mexico some 20 years back. The popularity of the spice brought it to the Northern parts of America.
- The out-grown popularity of the chipotle spice is also famous in Southern areas and dishes of Tex Mex.
- With the spice’s unique flavor, taste, and texture with the heat and smokiness, there is no substitute for the spice.
- People find the Spanish paprika and smoked paprika as the substitute for the spice.
- It is said that 10 pounds of dried jalapenos make 1 pound of chipotle spice.
History Of National Totally Chipotle Day:
The day is observed as a holiday on 5th May, colliding with Cinco de Mayo day. Apart from the information, there is no information about its history of origin.