American Touch Tag Day:
Celebrated on the 8th of October every year, the day is a celebration of the traditional games played by kids.
|2023||8th October||Sunday||United States|
|2024||8th October||Tuesday||United States|
|2025||8th October||Wednesday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on October 8th:
Why American Touch Tag Day?
When we think of childhood games, the first thing that pops into our mind is Touch Tag. Being a game that doesn’t need you to form teams or play in certain groups, this game was played by everyone and for any number of hours literally. Being an evergreen game, it easily occupied more hours after school and recess times. Having been in existence since the Romans, the game has continued to keep the kids even at this age excited, which alone bears a reason for celebrating it. The American Touch Tag day celebrates this game and the joy it brings along.
The main reason behind the celebration of this day is to honor this simple game which has outstood the test of time and is loved by everyone across ages and across boundaries.
How can we celebrate American Touch Tag Day:
If it is about celebrating a game, then playing it is the best way to do so. The day, therefore, calls for you to go outdoors, get together with friends and play a game of Tag or the Touch Tag as it is called. As you celebrate American Touch Tag Day with your friends, we bring to you how the game is played here.
- To start with, a person is chosen to be the catcher or the “It” in the game.
- This person will then chase the others and tag those who they are able to touch as “it.”
- The game continues until everyone is tagged.
- The last one to get tagged is named the catcher of the next round.
This is, however, just one variation of the game. As the game is quite versatile, you can make your own rules as you see fit and enjoy the day in your own way. Don’t forget to share it using #AmericanTouchTagDay. There are also rules that offer places or items of safety to keep yourself from getting tagged, like iron or wood.
The game can be played as individual players or also as a team.
Schedule a time with your friends and family and enjoy the weather as you sweat it out playing this simple game of tag.
Interesting facts about American Touch Tag Day:
Touch Tag is a game that has been in existence since time immemorial. There is probably no one who has not played the game in their childhood. A mere mention of the game name would be enough to bring back the childhood memories and a smile onto your face. On American Touch Tag Day, we bring you some interesting facts about the game itself.
- The name of the game is called Tag, for we tag people in this game. However, you would be surprised to know that the word TAG could possibly be an acronym for “Touch and Go”. Of course, while this is under contention, it still makes for a very interesting fact about this game.
- There are many names under which the game is played across the world. Some of them being “Tag”, “Touch Tag”, “freeze”, “Chasey”, “It” and more.
- If you are wondering about age restrictions to play the game, then you need not fret. The game is for everyone despite age.
- It is not just a game, but it is also a kind of exercise that will keep you fit, without the stress of exercising.
History of American Touch Tag Day:
You would be surprised to know that the Touch tag or simply the tag game has been in existence since the time of Romans. The game doesn’t need any teams or any specific number of people to play, and there is no age bar on the game either. There is also no time limit for the game, which is probably why this was played all through the recess and after-school hours. While the game is played across the world under many names, the day we celebrate is somehow called the American Touch Tag Day. There is no inference on why there is a prefix of “American” to this game name.