National Report Medicare Fraud Day:
Observed on September 12th every year. The day is represented to report all sorts of Medicare fraudulent activities that are happening around the country.
|2018||12th September||Wednesday||United States|
|2019||12th September||Thursday||United States|
|2020||12th September||Saturday||United States|
Why Report Medicare Fraud Day?
This day is represented to report all sorts of Medicare fraudulent activities that are happening around the country. The day is dedicated to all the whistle blowers who reported such activities that eventually diminished the recurrence. The company that is involved in Medicare fraud has to bear a huge penalty so that such things will be completely dropped out in the future.
Medicare fraud can be reported to Department of justice reward program and you will receive about 15 to 25 percent of the settled amount. The average reward money is $690000 depending upon the case. In addition, Medicare frauds can be reported directly to the CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services) through the helplines or website. The day not only demands to report the fraud, but also to explore about the process in reporting.
How we can Observe National Report Medicare Fraud Day:
It is our duty to report Medicare fraud. Explore more about the systematic procedure to report such fraudulent activities. Use this hashtag #ReportMedicareFraudDay for further discussion and clarifications.
Interesting Facts About Medicare Fraud Day:
Few Notable Medicare cases of Hesch Firm:
- About 641 million dollars were received as a settlement from a notable hospital, which has its branches all over the country. It allegedly involved in several Medicare fraudulent activities which were against the government “False Claims Act”. After winning a legal battle, Hesch received $641 million in which about $265 million was paid to the whistleblowers as a reward.
- About $250 million was received as a settlement from a pharmaceutical company that was involved in overcharging drugs. $40 million was paid to the concerned whistleblower who reported this fraud.
- $40 million judgement from a Medicare related manufacturing company, which sold knee replacing oriented devices without the knowledge and formal approval of U.S Food and Drug Administration Department.
- It is estimated that out of $650 billion that is allocated by the federal government on behalf of Medicare, around $65 billion is lost because of Medicare fraud, which means the country lost almost 10 percent of the money as improper payments.
- Our Government has initiated different programs to report such fraud cases for which heavy rewards will be paid to the whistleblowers.
- In accordance with the U.S Government Accountability Office, there are more than 13000 fake addresses are provided by the Medicare providers. In 1998, unfortunately, an investigation founded that $6 million was paid to a fake address that is reported to be in the middle of Miami Airport.
History of Report Medicare Fraud Day:
Joel D. Hesch, an ex-employee of Department of Justice and the founder of “The Hesch Firm, L1C”, founded the National Report Medicare Fraud Day in the year 2017.He exclusively created a website “www.howtoreportfraud.corn” to help civilians to understand the process and reporting any fraudulent activities so that it can be exposed to the world. For around 25 years, Joel D. Hesch fights for the justice and to help whistleblowers for receiving the reward for what they are deserved to be. The Hesch firm also filed fraud cases against the Medicare organizations who are involved in fraudulent activities.