National Lumpy Rug Day
National Lumpy Rug Day:
On the 3rd of May every year, National Lumpy Rug Day is celebrated to let us know that anything can be fixed.
|2023||3rd May||Wednesday||United States|
|2024||3rd May||Friday||United States|
|2025||3rd May||Saturday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on May 3rd:
National Chocolate Custard Day
National Garden Meditation Day
National Specially-Abled Pets Day
National Raspberry Popover Day
National Two Different Colored Shoes Day
Why National Lumpy Rug Day?
Rugs, which are generally made out of soft woven material are not just a fantastic addition to your living space but they also add that layer of comfort to your feet as you walk on the floor. However, rugs also do wear down over a period of time due to extended use. The fibers of the rugs might get pulled up or bunch up which might cause lumps over them. These lumps are not really good to look at nor are they comfortable to walk on. However, the rugs can be restored to their original condition with little care and maintenance. Similarly, those who feel that they have unaddressed issues or fears can now make use of this day to face them and resolve them. This is the importance emphasized by this day and this is also the reason why such a day is being celebrated as well.
How we can celebrate National Lumpy Rug Day?
There is the famous saying of just dumping or sweeping our issues under the rugs and not deal with them immediately. However, these fears and issues have to be faced on someday by us and that is what the National Lumpy Rug Day reminds us of. The day is a reminder to all of us to appreciate the small things and face the fears we have been hiding from in our lives.
In the literal sense, you can also make use of this day to say goodbye to the old rug in your home and welcome a brand new rug into your living space. Here we have some tips on what you can do on this day to make it a memorable event.
- As mentioned earlier, you can replace your old rug with a new one and celebrate the event with a small get-together with your close friends and family.
- If you already have a rug that you love and which provides you comfort then it is time to probably take pictures on it and post over social media, showing your love for the old rug and what it means to you.
- It is time to make the best for your rugs, clean them and remove the materials which have settled under them and maintain them back to its prime condition.
- On another hand, you can also make it a day to list out your fears and face them on this day.
And as you celebrate this day, remember to post your pictures and your share of ideas about this day on your online forums with #NationalLumpyRugDay.
Interesting facts about National Lumpy Rug Day:
On this National Lumpy Rug Day, we bring to you some interesting facts about rugs, the most popular and a very historic décor in the world, as they have evolved over centuries in different cultures.
- Rugs have their history dating back to the Neolithic Age, nearly around 7000 BC. However, the earliest of the rugs woven by people was discovered on a Siberian burial site dating back to the 5th century BC.
- People used the skin of animals to cover the cave entrances at an early age to keep them from the natural elements and other predators.
- Rugs were predominantly used by nomads as a way of insulation when sleeping on floors and also since they are easy to move around.
- Rugs also find their place as saddles in some of cultures. In fact, they were buried along with the horses they were used upon.
- Hand-knotted rugs are the most ancient process of making rugs and there are many varieties like Spanish, Turkish, and Persian methods of knotting and are still being made around the world.
- Persian rugs made during the 1500 AD are considered to be the most exquisite with a central medallion and a three-dimensional design.
- Initially wool and cotton were the primary materials used in making rugs. However, now we have different materials like viscose, polypropylene, nylon, and polyester being introduced into the production of these rugs.
History of National Lumpy Rug Day:
There is no information with regards to when the National Lumpy Rug Day was initiated or by whom. However, it is a day to preserve the old rugs, give way to some new ones, and enter a new chapter in your life.