National Star Wars Day:
National Star Wars Day is an unofficial Commemorative day celebrated annually on May 4 to honor the Star Wars movies and the Media franchise.
|2023||4th May||Thursday||United States|
|2024||4th May||Saturday||United States|
|2025||4th May||Sunday||United States|
Related: Other National Days Celebrated on May 4th:
Why National Star Wars Day?
Lucasfilm Ltd. LLC founded by George Lucas, is an American film and television production company created and produced the Star Wars , an American epic space opera multimedia franchise that produced a film with same name Star Wars by the year 1977. It was a huge success that created a huge wave across the world. In over a span of three decades, Star Wars produced nine Star Wars films with the last one Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker being released December 2019.
Star Wars have created a massive phenomenon throughout the world with a huge fan base. To commemorate the creators and crews of Star Wars, this day is being recognized.
How can we observe National Star Wars Day?
Know all the Star movies released till 2019,
- Episode IV – A New Hope (1977)– Actors: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness, David Prowse, James Earl Jones, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Bakerand Peter Mayhew.
- The Empire Strikes Back(1980) – Actors: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, and Frank Oz.
- Return of the Jedi(1983)-Actors: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Anthony Daniels, David Prowse, Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew and Frank Oz.
- Episode I – The Phantom Menace (1999)-Actors: Liam Neeson, Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd, Ian McDiarmid, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Pernilla August, and Frank Oz
- Episode II – Attack of the Clones(2002) – Actors: Ewan McGregor, Natalie Portman, Hayden Christensen, Ian McDiarmid, Samuel L. Jackson, Christopher Lee, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, and Frank Oz.
- Episode III – Revenge of the Sith(2005)-Actors: Same Actors of Episode II
- Episode VII – The Force Awakens(2015)-Actors: Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Max von Sydow.
- Episode VIII – The Last Jedi(2017)-Actors: Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, Kelly Marie Tran, Laura Dern, and Benicio del Toro
- Episode IX – The Rise of Skywalker-Actors: Carrie Fisher,[b]Mark Hamill, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Anthony Daniels, Naomi Ackie, Domhnall Gleeson, Richard E. Grant, Lupita Nyong’o, Keri Russell, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Ian McDiarmid, and Billy Dee Williams.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)- Animated and standalone film
- Anthology films – Rogue One, Solo.
Some of the famous celebrations include,
- Minor League baseball teams such as the Toledo Mud Hens and the Durham Bulls have worn special uniforms on this day as part of Star Wars Day promotions.
- To celebrate National Star Wars Day in 2015, astronauts in the International Space Station watched Star Wars
- In 2015, the carillon bells of the Peace Toweron Parliament Hill in Ottawa played “The Imperial March” theme from Star Wars, among other space-related tunes.
- The animated series Star Wars: The Bad Batch premiered on Disney+ on Star Wars Day in 2021
- As a part of observance, he finale of The Clone Wars was added on Disney+ on May 4, 2020. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, as well as the documentary series Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian, were also aired and made available on Disney+ the same day.
Do you know any famous celebrations in United States? Use the hashtags #NationalStarWarsDay and #StarWarsDay to post on social media.
Watch Star Wars:
Watch Star Wars movies with your friends and family and celebrate this day. Don’t forget to share your celebrations.
Grab the deal:
The official website of Star Wars offers eye-catching deals on all or selected Star Wars products. Grab it at discounted price. Don’t forget to share working coupon codes on twitter using hashtags #NationalStarWarsDay.
Interesting facts about National Star Wars Day:
- The owner of Star Wars multimedia franchise is Lucasfilm Ltd.
- The release date of the original Star Wars movie on May 25, 1977 is also celebrated as Geek Pride Day.
- The first film of Star Wars named Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope created a cultural phenomenon throughout the world.
- As of 2022, Star Wars is the fifth-highest-grossing media franchise of all time.
- As of 2022, nine Star Wars movies were released over a span of 4 decades.
- Star Wars fans use a phrase, “May the fourth be with you”, which is a joke based on the iconic Star Wars catchphrase “May the force be with you”. Characters in the Star Wars universe say this phrase “May the force be with you” to one another as a way to wish each other good luck. The Fans phrase,” May the fourth be with you” became too popular that the original catch phrase.
- The Fans phrase is used quite often since then, it even was used in a debate in UK parliament in 1994.
- When Margaret Thatcher was elected as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom in May 4, 1979, her party placed a congratulatory note in the London Evening News stating “May the Fourth Be with You, Maggie. Congratulations.”
- Some recognize the day after, May 5, as “Revenge of the Fifth”, to celebrate the Sith Lord sand other villainous characters from the Star Wars series. Others celebrate this one day later, on May 6, citing “Revenge of the Sixth” to celebrate Return of the Jedi and the trilogy aspect of the Star Wars films.
- With 12 films of Star Wars being produced with budget of $1.633 billion, the success is huge that the estimated box office is around at least 7 times ($10.318 billion) of the budget.
History of National Star Wars Day:
The first organized Star Wars Day was celebrated in the year 2011 in Toronto, Canada. It started with so many festivities like Trilogy Trivia Game Show, a costume contest with celebrity judges, and the web’s best tribute films, mash-ups, parodies, and remixes. The event was immensely successful and thereafter celebrated every May 4.
By late 2012, The Walt Disney Company acquired Lucasfilm, the company that produced Star Wars and in 2013, Disney has officially observed the holiday with several Star Wars events and festivities at Disneyland and Walt Disney World.
To honor the 30th anniversary release date of Star Wars which was released on May 25th, 1977, the Los Angeles City Council declared May 25, 2007 as Star Wars Day. That was a year event. 41 years after the original release of Star Wars, Solo: A Star Wars Story was also released on May 25.